Just like our unpredictable weather, itâ€™s really hard to determine as to when someoneâ€™s about to catch a cold. And while we all know itâ€™s rainy season once again, it does not mean that we have to put our health at risk. Below, weâ€™ve listed our top health tips you should definitely not take for granted- especially at times when you need it most!
Prevention should come in handy
When we say prevention, we actually mean being ahead of your sickness. Make sure to grab this go-to and all-in-one kit that comes with a hand gel, bar soap, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, pocket tissue, towel, and comb. Now you do not have to suffer from bringing bulky bags because we made sure this bundle comes in handy for your utmost convenience. Plus, have we mentioned that it is just under 200 Pesos?
Guard your plate
As the saying goes, you are what you eat. You may not have control as to what the weather might bring you, but you you can decide what you will take on your plate. A healthy lifestyle does not necessarily equate to expensive gym membership, and first class fitness equipment. Sometimes, all it takes is the habit of eating smart. Invest in good cook books particularly on the low calorie diet as it will help build your stamina in the long run.
Believe it or not, dietary supplements are nothing compared to what the â€œorganicsâ€ can give you. For years, apple cider vinegar has been proven to improve not only our immune system but our physical fitness as well. If youâ€™re a newbie to this apple cider therapy, it might be best if you get yourself a good background and guide about it’s benefits. Plus, putting a spoonful of honey in it is always a good idea!
Discover the power of ginger
Ginger has long been celebrated for its ability to soothe an upset stomach, but its health-boosting properties don’t stop there! Ginger for Health shows you how to use the plant in your daily health and beauty routine – from creating a nutritious detox smoothie to moisturizing dry hair to smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. Featuring step-by-step instructions and plenty of helpful tips, this book offers 100 all-natural ginger solutions that help:
- Increase metabolism and support weight loss
- Boost the immune system and fight off disease
- Treat unsightly blemishes, scars, and sunburns
- Promote healthy skin, hair, and nails
There’s really nothing ginger can’t handleâ€”from relieving headaches and arthritis pain to improving bone strength to treating dandruff and split endsâ€”and all without the need for dangerous chemicals or costly procedures. With Ginger for Health, you’ll discover all the benefits that a simple ginger root can bring.
Maintain your health equilibrium
Most people consume an abundance of highly processed food that acidify the body. As a result, they are afflicted with health problems ranging from minor skin irritations, chronic fatigue, back pain, and depression to arthritis, ulcers, and osteoporosis. To enjoy optimum health, the body needs balanced quantities of alkaline and acid substances. In The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health, naturopath and detoxification expert Christopher Vasey shows how a simple change in diet to restore your acid-alkaline balance can result in vast improvements in health.
Vasey provides easy test methods to determine your acid levels and instructs how to interpret these test results. Rather than organizing alkaline and acid foods based on their chemical composition, he categorizes foods by their effect on the body, explaining that some foods, such as fruits, can have either an alkalizing or an acidifying effect, depending on who eats them. In this updated and expanded second edition, he provides the latest information on proper hydration and deacidification, important alkalizing supplements, and how to eliminate the bodyâ€™s accumulated acids through intestinal cleansing. He also includes a new, detailed example of an alkaline detoxifying diet and explains how to design a diet best suited for your particular health needs.
Permanently defeat your #1 enemy: Allergy
Allergies are one of the most common ailments, causing children to miss school and parents to miss work. Left untreated or unresolved, stuffy noses, itchy skin, and irritated bellies can lead to chronic asthma, eczema, inflammatory bowel disease, and neurological disorders. Today’s parents don’t just want to treat their family’s allergy symptoms they want to eliminate allergies and prevent chronic and longâ€“term health complications.
THE ALLERGY BOOK offers all the reassurance and accessible, practical advice that parents need to resolve their children’s allergies, now and throughout their lives.
- Symptoms, causes, and effective treatments for nasal and eye allergies, asthma, eczema, food allergies and sensitivities, insect sting allergies, and more
- Detailed guidelines on how to do allergy testing
- The top ten allergenic foods
- Medications, supplements, and nutritional and lifestyle changes that eliminate or alleviate symptoms
- What to do in an allergy emergency
- The Sears prescription for optimum immune health
- And much more
Fake it â€˜till you make it
If kitchen is really not a safe haven for you, or you simply dislike cooking, then you do not need to fret anymore. Sometimes, you just gotta fake it â€˜till you make it. By this sense we mean that if you act like you love cooking, youâ€™ll be surprised on how it actually works! And contrary to popular belief, Â one does not need to be a pro in delivering healthy and delicious dishes. The Ultimate Book of Cooking: Hints & Tips includes:
- Complete Kitchen Management: Noâ€“nonsense expertise on planning and producing delicious, healthy meals for your family and friends
- Packed with Bright Ideas: Special tip boxes that highlight traditional wisdom, healthy alternatives, and moneyâ€“and timeâ€“saving suggestions
- The Essential Problemâ€“Solver: Clever solutions for handling every eventuality in your kitchen, from a freezer breakdown to a curdled cream sauce
Work to the limits
You will never know what you can do until you test your limits. Almost always, some people discover their very best by going beyond what they think they can do. In this world full of errands and obligations, it really pays to be â€œthat extraâ€. Study after study proves the effectiveness of highâ€“intensity interval training. Hereâ€™s exactly how to do it, in a scientifically designed program that can be done anytime, anywhere.
And it works: By spending just 10 targeted minutes a day you will reap all the benefits of a regular exercise regimen, with improved fitness markers across the boardâ€”weight, body fat percentage, blood pressure, cholesterol, energy, strength, endurance, flexibility and more. Plus, these brief bursts of exercise are exactly what you need to fight â€œsitting diseaseâ€â€”what the medical community is calling â€œthe new smoking.â€ The book features three fourâ€“week programs with over 90 exercises, all illustrated with stepâ€“byâ€“step photographs, making them easy to master.
Hereâ€™s how it works:
- 4 minutes of highâ€“energy aerobic training to raise the heart rate and metabolism
- 3 minutes of resistance training to strengthen muscles and bones
- 2 minutes of coreâ€“strengthening exercises for the abs and back
- 1 minute of stretching and deep breathing, a vital component of a wellâ€“rounded program
Sean Foy is an exercise physiologist, behavioural coach and coauthor of the New York Times #1 bestseller The Daniel Plan. He is also president and founder of the Personal Wellness Corporation, a consulting firm that provides health and fitness training to hospitals, Fortune 500 companies, health facilities and other organizations. Dr. William Sears has said of his program, â€œIt changed my life.â€ He lives in Placentia, California, and can be found online at burstworkout.com.
Do not hibernate! Establishing a good health routine then suddenly ignoring it is as worse as starting over again. The key here is consistency; no matter how fast or slow your pacing is. Keep track of your health maintenance through the help of Stretch Fit: Stretch to Get Fit and Stay Fit for People at All Levels of Fitness. This book will help you on how you could keep your healthy lifestyle by simple and effective ways. The book includes:
- Graded exercise programs take you to new levels of flexibility and fitness
- Training schedules help you maintain general fitness levels, flexibility, and healthy joints
- Expert advice helps you find the right clothing and equipment for comfortable exercise sessions
- Essential guidelines help you avoid injury and achieve fitness safely and effectively
Be your own kind of doctor
After all, our health as well as healing mechanism highly depends on ourselves. We can be our own kind of doctor in our own ways. Did you know that you can live a healthy life without spending too much? Youâ€™ll be surprised by the fact that some health essentials are already found in your homes, kitchens, or gardens. Doctors Willie and Liza Ong share the latest health advice on:
- Tips to live longer
- Home remedies for heart disease, diabetes, anemia, stroke and skin problems
- Healthy foods: What to eat and what not to eat
- Healthy lifestyle strategies
- Approach to common complaints like cough, chest pain, etc.
Eat smart for a healthy heart
If you or someone in your family needs to follow a heartâ€“healthy diet, this book is for you. Whether you are trying to prevent heart disease or are dealing with a present heart condition, you will find a wealth of information, including diet suggestions, shopping and label reading advice, food suggestions, tips for eating smart while dining out, healthyâ€“heart resources, and more.
Just because flu, colds, and other sickness are in season again does not mean that you should be a victim. Never again! Can you share your other health tips for the rainy season? Donâ€™t hesitate to tell us in the comment section! Be the first to be updated by subscribing to our newsletter.
Enjoy the perks of online shopping especially during the rainy season (no one wants to go out to get wet!)
You might also like:
- Ultimate Typhoon Survival Guide in the Philippines
- Top Health Tips this Rainy Season that You Shouldnâ€™t Ignore
- 5 Date Ideas for Rainy Days
- Keep Kids Entertained with these Fun Indoor Rainy Day Activities!
- Why These 10 Recipes for the Rainy Season are the Ultimate Comfort Food
- Our Recommended List: Books for the Rainy Days
- Whatâ€™s in your #NBSOnlineStoreWishList?